Monday, May 18, 2015

week 7: EOC Career Goals

I have always chased after my goals; even if that meant clawing and scratching in the face of adversity.. Over the years this became something that meant so much to me, that I sacrificed practical bits of myself just to accomplish my goals. I feel that in achieving my goals, I have often erased little histories of underachieving, un-optimal tact in my personality and the parts of me so completely against persevering. Ultimately, my goals have had a resounding effect on my success:

I’ve been resolute enough to compete at the State Level in SkillsUSA four years in a row and become the President of my Chapter. I competed at the International Level in the Marketing Division in DECA. I went on to over take a variety of chair/board member positions and earn leadership titles too many to count, before even graduating high school.


Now, at 20 years old I am the Art Director for two pending television series. I have over six years of experience in 3D Animation and Modeling, Graphics, and I’ve invested the latter have of my life towards 2D Graphic Design and Concept Art. It’s hard to pinpoint an “end-all, be-all” career goal for myself as I have already accomplished so much. I think the best focal point here is this opportunity opens doors for myself and this (or any) company willing to open its doors and allow me to meet the demands of the work ahead. Work that would, ultimately, present itself as more than something that meets the criteria of a singular career goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment